Happy New Year!
I’m not one for major (or even minor) New Year’s resolutions, but I feel like I should try to make some non-work/school related goals for myself (I have many work/school related goals for myself that aren’t tied to this silly tradition).
Here are 18 tiny goals for 2018:
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator more often.
- Cook with more fresh fruits and veggies.
- Make more recipes (aka use my cookbook collection more often).
- Read for pleasure.
- Finish knitting the blanket I started in 2015.
- Make a dent in my tapestry (I won’t say finish, because that isn’t realistic).
- Finally make the itty bitty wedding gift for my friends who got married this fall.
- Finish the purple quilt that I cut the pieces for over a year ago.
- Make at least one project with left over fabric or miscellaneous fat quarters.
- Blog more (my goal is to not skip more than a fortnight, but if I don’t skip a month I’ll be thrilled).
- Bake more fancy stuff.
- Make proper ice cream.
- Restock my freezer with baked goods.
- Take more photos of my baked goods with my good camera.
- Bring my camera with me more often.
- Be more mindful when I’m shooting photos (digital is cheap, but slogging through millions of photos is a pain in the rear.)
- Go to Staten Island. (It’s absurd that I still haven’t been to one of the 5 boroughs.)
- Go to a Broadway (or off-Broadway or off-off-Broadway) show.
I probably won’t report back on all of these, but as I complete goals that have a final product, I’ll post them.
P.S. The featured photo is of July Fourth fireworks–but close enough